If you're an Information Architect, (excuse me: UX practitioner) you should come to the IA Summit next month in Montreal, Canada. Judging by the number of people who have registered until now, we should have a great crowd, possibly record-breaking!
Yes, I know it's halfway February and the conference less than 3 weeks from now. That's not my fault, is it? You should have known about this. How? By following these organizations' publications:
- The Information Architecture Institute (formerly known as the Asilomar Institute for Information Design, or AIfIA), and it's members-only mailinglist "aifia-members" (soon to be renamed, I'm sure).
- The American Society for Information Systems and Technology (ASIS&T) and it's mailinglist SIGIA-L.
- The Special Interest Group for Computer Human Interaction (SIGCHI) with it's flagship mailinglist CHI-WEB.
- The Interaction Design Group (IxDG) and her mailinglist ID Discuss.
- UXnet, the organization that is destined to be the umbrella over the other groups, and the anouncements-only list discuss-uxnet.